Why should I try Reflexology?
(I'm very sorry to have to say that we are currently unable to take any bookings. The website has information that may still be useful, and will be relevant when we are able to open again)
Reflexology is a therapy that aims to relax the mind and body to aid wellbeing during or after particularly stressful or busy times.
It is a simple technique based on the theory that as all our nerves end in the feet, a skilled reflexologist applying gentle manipulation and pressure on each foot, can affect related areas of the body .
It is often used to complement traditional treatments for long-term physical health problems, muscular/skeletal discomfort such as back pain or mental health challenges such as depression and anxiety, but it is equally useful as a treat to give yourself some regular peaceful relaxation to escape your daily stress.
Many people benefit from Reflexology, from improved mood, improved sleep, deep relaxation or just a general sense of calm. Some people even fall asleep during the sessions. And one of the great things about it is that all you need to do is remove your footwear and relax in the Reflexology chair or couch. There is no need to have a pedicure or any special treatment beforehand - please just come as you are.
I treat people from my home in Central Twickenham, in the London Borough of Richmond, South West London - with plenty of parking at the Holly Road (behind Marks & Spencer - more details are in our Find us tab), and I am able to take card payments on the day
Following guidance from the Association of Reflexologists and my insurance provider, my treatments are as Covid-secure as possible.
In addition to the usual protocol to avoid cross contamination (no sharing of towels/creams/cloths etc and reusable items are used once and washed at 60degrees), here are some examples of extra precautions:
- thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the treatment chair, door handles, pens, questionnaire clip-boards and dedicated bathroom before/after each client
- 15 minutes airing of the treatment room and dedicated bathroom before/after each client
- cleaning and disinfecting of all 'touch' surfaces between the front door and the treatment room before and after each client
- I wear a clean mask and tunic for each client (I prefer clients not to wear a mask as being able to breathe freely improves and deepens the treatment, but the choice is yours)
- all clients are invited to wash their hands as the first thing they do when they come into the space
- all clients (and myself) have to answer an additional Covid-19 questionnaire at the point of treatment to confirm that it is safe to do so
If you would like to book, please go to my booking page You can pay online or by card after the treatment
If you live in the Twickenham, Richmond or South West London area and would like to enquire about a home visit, please send me an email